Friday, July 31, 2009

July 28 - 31

I had 2 interesting evenings this week. At 8:30 Tuesday (the 28th) I was in Seguin; I went to watch the Senior Girls (that's 13- to 16-year-olds) from our Little League play in the state championship. They needed to win 2 games to get the championship--unfortunately they only won the 1st. A heartbreaking finish to a great tournament season--2nd place in the state!

Tonight (Thursday the 31st) I was at a friend's house for dinner. We had evacuated due to a chemical fire at a fertilizer plant a few miles from our house. I came home in the afternoon to check on the dog--don't worry we had her inside--and there was a definite ammonia smell in the air to go along with the "heavy" feel. Kinda felt like being around a campfire but without being able to see the smoke. Anyway, we're back home now and everything's ok. There's still a small area around the plant that is under evacuation but it's not affecting us.

No comments:

Post a Comment